Mind Power Author Stephen Richards

Mind Power Author Stephen Richards
MIND POWER AUTHOR - STEPHEN RICHARDS

Thursday 31 January 2013

EMPTYING THE FEAR BY STEPHEN RICHARDS


I just love visiting farmers’ markets, all sorts of goodies are sold, and I always ensure I have had something to eat before I call there, or otherwise I would be coming back with bagfuls of calorie laden pastries and other eye-wateringly attractive home-made foods.

CHEESE
I love the cheese stall, such a bountiful sight! I take one of the free samples, taste it and skip off quickly in case I end up buying the whole stall! As I taste the cheese I am drawn into a world that is apart from the usual fast-selling mall shops and the likes. I have a penchant for gorgonzola; luckily they do not sell this type of cheese as it is laden with calories!

LIZARD BRAIN
If I had not eaten before visiting the farmers’ market then my lizard brain would be screaming at me to get something to eat. It would scream, “Get it, get it!” I would not have a minute’s peace from it, but it has been sated and I am I glad of that as otherwise I would have to block it.

What is the lizard brain many of you may well ask? To put it simply, the lizard brain is purely concerned with survival. This is why we sometimes do irrational things when we are in a tight spot. The lizard brain - also known as the amygdala - is the primeval brain stem in our lower brain, where basic emotions function from. Call it a memory bank for emotions.

The reptilian brain sees something and reacts, simple as that. If we are hungry and it sees food, it wants it! Which is why it is always a good idea to eat before you go food shopping. If it sees a threat, it makes you run from it. If it sees an attractive person, it wants a date. There's nothing flash about it, this is why you react as you do in certain situations. These emotions from past events are stored in your emotional memory bank of the amygdala (lizard brain).

IN THE GRIP OF FEAR
When you are in the grip of fear and without realising it, your almond shaped and same sized amygdala (lizard brain) inside of your head takes over your reactions. Neurochemicals are released like an avalanche into your nervous system, and at that point you are running on auto-pilot and not in full control of yourself! Your main senses are supercharged to the hilt; everything becomes so much more blown up.

THE BASIS OF FEAR
The very basis of fear stems from a heightened state of anxiety, not unless, of course, it is a very real life threatening situation, and then you need to retain those particular fear emotion memories, as they serve to save your life.

GOOD FEAR - BAD FEAR
There is good fear and bad fear, now we just need a way to stop the bad fear patterns from being stored or to be able empty them from the amygdala's memory banks. Now there is a way to do that, a very clever way that has been designed by me (Stephen Richards) ... it’s ‘Releasing You From Fear’ (audio CD). I use this myself, and it certainly works.

I don’t want to bore you with the details but you can find it on any Amazon site.

COPYRIGHT STEPHEN RICHARDS

Resources for Stephen Richards: 
Subscribe (free - about 12 a year) to the mind power newsletter by Stephen Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment